My name is Steve Behrens and I've been in the commercial door & hardware industry for over 33 years. I started out in 1986 in a hollow metal shop welding frames and prepping doors. I spent 8 years in that shop which later helped me greatly through the years performing Take-Offs, Estimating, Sales, Project Management, and Production/Operations Management...along with later owning my own door & hardware business for 10 years.
So I've been the guy in the shop unloading trucks and welding/fabricating the doors & frames; and also the guy in the office reading blueprints, creating door & hardware schedules & submittals, writing up shop work orders, as well as training the guys in the shop & checking their work.
I now work for a distributor doing complete Project Management...from project inception to completion. Commercial doors, frames, and door hardware is what I do so you can be sure you will get accurate answers to any questions you may have and your order will be shipped right the first time, on time. I handle Division 8 commercial projects as well as being the Production Manager for the Hollow Metal shop.
We supply to the southeastern United States, the Caribbean, Central and South America. Some of the export jobs I have done in the past include:
- The University of the Virgin Islands Great House renovation in the U.S.V.I.
- Primary School Ministry of Education in Nassau, Bahamas.
- The Coca Cola Plant in Kingston, Jamaica.
- The FBI Office in Puerto Rico.
- Santa Fe Trading Company in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
- Cayman Prep and High School (renovation) in Grand Cayman, British West Indies
- Professional Security in Paramaribo, Suriname.
- University of Notre Dame - Haitian Filariasis Program in Leogane, Haiti.
- Tropicair in Kingston, Jamaica.
- The Securitron Building in Kingston, Jamaica.
- U.S. Naval Station - Building 463 in Rota, Spain.
- NCO Call Center - Guatemala City, Guatemala.
- Harbour House Towers Condominium - Freeport, Grand Bahama.
- Raghunath Singh & Co. - Trinidad, West Indies.
- Lion Fish Farm - Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands.
...along with several smaller jobs in the Bahamas and Barbados. We are located on the east coast of South Florida which makes us ideal for export work. We will deliver your material in our trucks to the Port of Palm Beach or any other port you prefer and give it to the freight forwarder of your choice along with the Bill of Lading and all other necessary paper work.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or requests.