My name is Steve Behrens and I've been in the commercial door & hardware industry for over 33 years. I spent my first 8 years in a hollow metal shop welding frames and prepping doors. I've now spent the last 25 years performing Take-Offs, Estimating, Sales, Project Management, and Production/Operations Management...along with owning my own door & hardware business for 10 of those years.
My shop time turned out to be a great help in creating door & hardware schedules & submittals, writing up shop work orders, as well as training guys in the shop & checking their work. Plus I can jump in and help out in the shop from time to time...when the need arises.
I now work for AMW Commercial Doors as a Project Manager. Commercial doors, frames, and door hardware is what I do so you can be sure you will get accurate answers to any questions you may have and your order will be shipped right the first time, on time. I handle Division 8 commercial projects providing commercial doors, frames, and hardware to General Contractors.
We supply to the entire United States, the Caribbean, & Central and South America. Some of the export jobs I have done in the past include:
- The University of the Virgin Islands Great House renovation in the U.S.V.I.
- Primary School Ministry of Education in Nassau, Bahamas.
- The Coca Cola Plant in Kingston, Jamaica.
- The FBI Office in Puerto Rico.
- Santa Fe Trading Company in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
- Cayman Prep and High School (renovation) in Grand Cayman, British West Indies
- Professional Security in Paramaribo, Suriname.
- University of Notre Dame - Haitian Filariasis Program in Leogane, Haiti.
- Tropicair in Kingston, Jamaica.
- The Securitron Building in Kingston, Jamaica.
- U.S. Naval Station - Building 463 in Rota, Spain.
- NCO Call Center - Guatemala City, Guatemala.
- Harbour House Towers Condominium - Freeport, Grand Bahama.
- Raghunath Singh & Co. - Trinidad, West Indies.
- Lion Fish Farm - Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands.
...along with several smaller jobs in the Bahamas and Barbados.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or requests.